JOHN A. WHITE PARK GOLF COURSE
PLAYING IT SAFE PROTOCOLS
For the sake of this document:
- All JAW/FTMA representatives on-site and involved in programming are referred to as “staff” (This includes full-time staff, part-time staff, adult volunteers, or interns).
- All individuals engaged in the golf environment are referred to as “patrons.”
- All procedures are based on the most recent guidelines provided by our state and local government. Guidance is subject to change over time, and based on the applicable jurisdiction(s).
If any of the following applies to you, please STAY AT HOME!
- Medication was used to lower temperature in the last 72 hours.
- Patron has been exposed to the coronavirus in the last 14 days.
- Patron is awaiting test results in the last 14 days.
- Individuals experiencing symptoms that may be related to COVID-19; cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing or at least two of these symptoms; fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell.
- JAW/FTMA will manage check in to ensure 6 feet of separation between individuals.
- In lieu of handshakes, individuals will be asked to use tipping of the cap, or other non-contact means of personal acknowledgement.
- JAW/FTMA will provide barriers and signage in the golf environment area instructing patrons of enhanced sanitation procedures, social distancing and other instructions.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE):
- Patrons will be encouraged to wear masks or other nasal and mouth coverings (e.g. bandanna). 1
- ENTER and EXIT ONLY access will be enforced.
- The following are wiped down with disinfectant spray or wipes regularly throughout the day during operation: keyboards, touch screens, pro shop counter, doors, door handles, high touch area and restroom facilities.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the pro shop. 1
- Tee times are encouraged.
- Pro shop restrooms will be limited to one patron at a time.
- GOLF CARTS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- A limited number of push/pull carts are available and will be wiped down and sanitized prior to and after each round.
- When golf cart access resumes, carts will be wiped down and sanitized before and after each round including steering wheels, cart seats, arm rests, cart dashes, cup holders and gear shifts.
- Golf equipment provided by JAW/FTMA for use by patrons will be sanitized before and after use. 1
- Cups on all greens have been turned upside down. Once a ball has hit the cup it is deemed holed.
- The flag stick is not to be removed during play.
- All rakes and ball washers have been removed from the course. We would recommend that if a ball lands in a footprint or location that has previously been played from, it would be “Free Placement” with no penalty. Please smooth the bunker divot with your feet.
- Coolers have been removed from the course and bottles of water are available for sale in the pro shop.
- All flag sticks have been removed from the practice putting area and cups have been turned upside down.
- It is recommended to adhere to social distancing of 6 feet from others using the range.
- Balls will be thoroughly cleaned with soap after each pick before they are placed back on the range and range attendants will wear gloves.
- Range attendants will wear gloves when picking up or setting up range.
- JAW/FTMA will notify all patrons of its COVID-19 Playing It Safe protocols utilizing the website and on-course signage.
- Staff will be authorized to observe and professionally request adherence to guidelines when violations are observed.1
1 Protocol addresses a specific provision within the State of GA Governor’s Executive Order 05.12.20.02; page 23 – 25.
Concerning COVID-19 & Golfer Safety
MARCH 25, 2020
On March 20th we set forth our steps to keep John A. White Golf Course safe, fun and open. It is amazing how quickly things have changed. Five days from our previous response, we are now adding additional measures. We are asking for your continued patience and partnership so that we can provide as many services as possible.
- The course will continue operating under normal business hours.
- We have reduced the number of staff at the golf course. This measure is done to help ensure the wellness of our staff and limit unnecessary exposures.
- Golf carts will no longer be available. This difficult decision has been made in part to comply with social distancing recommendations. Further, with reductions in staff our ability to properly operate and sanitize the fleet is limited.
- No more than two people in the Clubhouse at one time.
- Players shall tee off at their assigned time and maintain the appropriate pace and distance.
- In the clubhouse and on the golf course/range we will continue to take all steps to reduce and eliminate contact with surfaces.
We know there are many questions you have. Will the course close? How long will these measures be in place? And many more. As answers become available we will share them with you. Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions or concerns.
Thank you for your help and patience.
Jeff Dunovant, PGA
Director of Golf Operations / Head Golf Professional
MARCH 20, 2020
During this time as the rapidly evolving circumstances and impact of COVID-19 continue to unfold, we at John A. White Park Golf Course and First Tee of Metro Atlanta want to share relevant information with you regarding the Clubhouse, Golf Course and Driving Range.
We are closely monitoring the latest news and updates from federal, state and local government officials in order to make the most informed decisions relating to our facility. We are taking protective measures to ensure we provide a safe environment so that you can enjoy your round of golf. With that in mind please be advised of the following:
- Currently, John A. White GC is operating under normal business hours, 8:00 AM – 7:00 PM.
- We are cleaning and disinfecting golf carts/pull carts on a regular basis.
- We are cleaning and disinfecting high-touch areas such as countertops and doorknobs in the clubhouse.
- We are cleaning and disinfecting range buckets after each use.
- We are encouraging all golfers to keep the flag in when you play.
- We have hand sanitizer available upon request.
- Please do not golf if you are sick.
Ultimately, our priority is the health and safety of our golfing community. We will continue to undertake the precautions and best practices recommended by public health experts. Click HERE for the CDC’s recommended steps to prevent illness.
We will keep you updated on any changes or closures, if circumstances warrant. We wish you all well and thank you for your support of John A. White Park Golf Course and First Tee of Metro Atlanta.