Concerning COVID-19 & Golfer Safety
MARCH 25, 2020
On March 20th we set forth our steps to keep John A. White Golf Course safe, fun and open. It is amazing how quickly things have changed. Five days from our previous response, we are now adding additional measures. We are asking for your continued patience and partnership so that we can provide as many services as possible.
- The course will continue operating under normal business hours.
- We have reduced the number of staff at the golf course. This measure is done to help ensure the wellness of our staff and limit unnecessary exposures.
- Golf carts will no longer be available. This difficult decision has been made in part to comply with social distancing recommendations. Further, with reductions in staff our ability to properly operate and sanitize the fleet is limited.
- No more than two people in the Clubhouse at one time.
- Players shall tee off at their assigned time and maintain the appropriate pace and distance.
- In the clubhouse and on the golf course/range we will continue to take all steps to reduce and eliminate contact with surfaces.
We know there are many questions you have. Will the course close? How long will these measures be in place? And many more. As answers become available we will share them with you. Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions or concerns.
Thank you for your help and patience.
Jeff Dunovant, PGA
Director of Golf Operations / Head Golf Professional
MARCH 20, 2020
During this time as the rapidly evolving circumstances and impact of COVID-19 continue to unfold, we at John A. White Park Golf Course and First Tee of Metro Atlanta want to share relevant information with you regarding the Clubhouse, Golf Course and Driving Range.
We are closely monitoring the latest news and updates from federal, state and local government officials in order to make the most informed decisions relating to our facility. We are taking protective measures to ensure we provide a safe environment so that you can enjoy your round of golf. With that in mind please be advised of the following:
- Currently, John A. White GC is operating under normal business hours, 8:00 AM – 7:00 PM.
- We are cleaning and disinfecting golf carts/pull carts on a regular basis.
- We are cleaning and disinfecting high-touch areas such as countertops and doorknobs in the clubhouse.
- We are cleaning and disinfecting range buckets after each use.
- We are encouraging all golfers to keep the flag in when you play.
- We have hand sanitizer available upon request.
- Please do not golf if you are sick.
Ultimately, our priority is the health and safety of our golfing community. We will continue to undertake the precautions and best practices recommended by public health experts. Click HERE for the CDC’s recommended steps to prevent illness.
We will keep you updated on any changes or closures, if circumstances warrant. We wish you all well and thank you for your support of John A. White Park Golf Course and First Tee of Metro Atlanta.